Dingle Ridge Road
I-84 Over Dingle Ridge Road Bridge Replacement
Services: Pile Foundations, Temporary Supports, Temporary Jacking Plans, Erection Plans, Select Demolition Plans, Crane Platform Support
Contractors: Yonkers Contracting Co. Inc
Owner: State of New York
The I-84 over Dingle Ridge Road Bridge Replacement was an Accelerated Bridge Construction Project that stopped traffic on Interstate 84 for two days while the structure was replaced. The time-saving design had the replacement bridge built next to the existing bridge, demolish the existing bridge, then laterally slide the new bridge in place of the demolished one.
Siefert underwent a broad scope of work formed around the contractor’s preferred means and methods. Examples of Siefert Associate’s scope of work in this project are as follows:
- Design of H-pile foundations for temporary bents which supported the proposed bridge superstructure during construction and sliding into final position
- Modifications to permanent structure during slide track erection including: additional concrete and steel reinforcements, grouted anchor analysis, anchor bolt material changes, weld analysis, and setting of the header beam
- Lift plans that utilize multiple cranes simultaneously
- Existing bridge deck demolition plans
- Design of crane mat and crane mat support for multiple crawler cranes
- Analysis of damaged concrete cap beam
- Slide track design
Siefert dedicated a team of veteran engineers to send on-time drawings to the client, achieving the overall goal of completing the whole bridge demolition and erection in one weekend while minimizing the disruptions to traffic and commuters.